Wednesday 7 November 2012

Boots Botanics Review :)

 

It sounds silly for someone who likes make-up so much and who tries to take care of their skin to say that they have only ever used one type of face moisturiser and it's the cheapest out there.
But that is exactly what I've done.
For the first time ever a couple of months ago, I branched out a and did something wild. I bought a different Boots toner and moisturiser to the other Boots ones I used before. *shocked face*.

I saw the new Botanics range and thought they looked lovely. I like the idea of natural ingredients and that the cream contained spf - essential in Summer when I bought it. I decided on the 'All Bright' range, (who doesn't like the idea of bright skin?) and chose a Day Cream and toner. I've still been using my old moisturiser on nights.

Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner : Honestly didn't notice a single difference between this and the previous toners I have used, both of which were cheaper, but I REALLY like the idea of the natural ingredients in this one and the large bottle, meaning it will last longer. My skin felt quite tight after using it, but after toning that's nothing new and I feel like that means my pores have really closed up. I would buy this again but I wouldn't panic if it wasn't in stock one day.

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF15 - Oddly my positive and negative points about this moisturiser relate to the same thing? On the positive side of things, I love the light formula, I've not had any breakouts, and my skin feels smooth and soft just a couple of minutes after using it, whereas my previous cream would take a long time and sometimes leave my skin a bit tacky. My one negative is that I now have a small, slight dry patch on my left temple, which I have never had before. This might have nothing to do with the cream, but that's all I can think of. If it is the cream though I would be disappointed, seeing as it is for normal/dry skin, so you would think it would be on the richer side. So really I have no idea whether or not this cream is doing the job haha - it seems to be pretty much perfect everywhere apart from my left temple!

How was it for anyone else? 
Let me know if you have tried it and can shed any light on whether the hydrating Day Cream is actually hydrating enough. :)






1 comment:

  1. nice review, so was the patch due to cream

    ReplyDelete

Just a big thank you to anyone who takes the time to leave a comment, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and I genuinely love to read, and will TRY and reply to each and every one of them.