Sunday 2 December 2012

These Are A Few of My Favourite Things: November

I'm telling you it will be a miracle if these are different next month.
These are my current favourite beauty products, but in all seriousness I can not see them changing...
I'd even be happy about that though,

You'll see me when I'm 40 still rocking the exact same make up look, and I'd still be equally happy...

Apart from one:
My first favourite.

My trusty eyeshadow. Which Revlon, (the swines!) have discontinued.

1. Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow in 02 Coffee Bean:


So innocently I went into Boots one day to re-purchase this lovely little palette right here, and ermm...it had gone. In it's place was a sparkly, non matte replacement, (which has some serious fall down when you use it) and that is just not on.  
Trust me, I'm so gutted. Luckily I have a pretty much full one here ^^ but now I daren't use it...


2. Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara: 


I'm planning a seperate blog post on this. 
It's my new baby,
and I am in love.

<3
I will say no more for now...
Oooh the suspense...


3. Rimmel Kate Moss Collection Lipstick in 107


Who doesn't love berry lips in Autumn?
This lipstick is not only a gorgeous dark red/plum colour, but it is reasonably priced, and long lasting!
It also matches a pretty nice pair of shoes I got recently, so will definitely get loooots of wear over Christmas :)


4. Gold glitter nail polishes!


These two are perfect, in look, price, and everything. 
They feed my gold addiction perfectly, it's almost as bad as my leopard print addiction, and because gold goes well with leopard print...well you get the picture. 


5. Avon Naturals Vanilla Body Scrub:


This is not only the nicest vanilla smelling body scrub I've ever come across, (and I've had a few!) but it scrubs SO WELL!
It has the smallest little beads in ever, but absolutely millions of them - and I'm not exaggerating. I hate it when you buy a body scrub and find barely any little exfoliating beads in, meaning you have to use twice the amount to get half the effect. That's just not an issue with this one, I genuinely feel like it does the job. After I use this my skin feels so smooth, and because there's so much scrub in such a small amount, it will last me ages. 


That's it for the beauty favourites, but I have just a couple more I wanted to include...


6. Muller Corner - Strawberry Shortcake 


I know this is a bit weird, but ermm, yeah. 
They taste SOOOO NICE! I take one of these to work everyday, and as sad as it is, I genuinely look forward to eating it HAHA :|
I'd describe it, but we'd end up having a bad Nigella moment again. 
Go taste it for yourselves :)


7. Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover:
a.k.a my new B.F.F


 Just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder...

Meet my new Best Friend Forever.
He is...Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover.
He is just amazing, he will do anything for you, support you, and most importantly, will help you out in sticky situations of the green-black kind.
 I am now placing this product right up there on that mystery cleaning product pedestal above my Dettol bacterial wipes and my also Dettol spray.
He is a cousin of the Mr. Muscle oven cleaner which I sadly killed in a mammoth 2 and a half hour oven cleaning session of the previous owners' oven a few months back, but better...and less time consuming.

During the Summer months my main adversaries were astro-turf and mud from my boyfriend's numerous football sessions, and moths, which only needed kitchen roll and the toilet ;)
However, now Winter is here, I have a new one.
Black mould.
*shudders*

It invades the bathroom, the windows, and...THE WARDROBE?!
What is this?!?!?!?!
HOW DARE YOU INVADE AN AREA WHICH CONTAINS CLOTHES!!!

Now, here is where my bestie comes in to play. 
My little green spray bottle gets rid of the stuff literally with a single spray.
The bathroom and windows aren't too tricky, (although venetian blind's are now on my enemy list) and I can do them often as needed with no problems... but the wardrobe problem was just lurking there all gross and undetected...it was on a whole new level for my trusty spray...but of course, he didn't let me down.
He has saved my wardrobe, and my sanity.
I'd cleaned the whole wardrobe and wall behind it until it was as good as new literally in half an hour.
I had resigned myself to the fact that I would miss the X Factor results that night just to clean it, but no, 8:03 and I was done!
In fact the only bit I missed was the bit where the judges come out, so I didn't get to have the usual Scherzinger-hair-and-dress-envy...but that is all!

See, my new friend is so considerate, he even helps me get the job done in time for must-see TV :')

Putting all beauty needs aside for a while...and maybe the bills, the next thing I will be spending my money on is a dehumidifier, because as much as I adore my new best friend, I really, really don't want to be seeing him again so soon.







Anyhow, time to go. 
I promise next time I won't spend 6 hours rambling on about a cleaning product...

Goodnight :)







3 comments:

  1. Finally someone else who understands about the evil that is black mould! love your favourites, some lovely products :)
    Rosalie x

    rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone haha!! Aww thankyou :D I will defo be checking out your blog xx

      Delete
  2. Only you could do half a post on a cleaning product and have me gripped. Well done. ps I love thestrawberry shortcakes too but surely they can't beat the chocolate digestive muller corners. Now those are orgasmic! x

    ReplyDelete

Just a big thank you to anyone who takes the time to leave a comment, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, and I genuinely love to read, and will TRY and reply to each and every one of them.